What do you know about investing your money? I fall into the category of thinking investing is great in theory, but I don’t fully understand it, so it’s not for me. If you’re anything like me, then you’re going to get a lot out of this episode!
My guest Danielle Town was just like you; she wasn’t interested in investing, despite the fact that her own dad was a big time investor. It wasn’t until some major life struggles that she fell into the world of investing, and came out on the other side a completely changed person.
We’re diving into her book, Invested: How I learned to Master my mind, my fears, and my money to achieve financial freedom and live a more authentic life, and sharing the strategy you need to get started with investing.
Click to Listen:
NEW! Pandora (Mobile App only)
Apple Podcasts: adultstruggles.com/itunes
Google Podcasts: adultstruggles.com/googleplay
iHeart Radio: adultstruggles.com/iheart
Overcast FM: adultstruggles.com/overcast
Danielle Town is the New York Times bestselling author of Invested and an Investing Practice expert who, as a startup and venture capital attorney, knew she should have been doing something with her money but was afraid of numbers and stock markets. She transformed her fear around money and became a mission-oriented investor who now helps people discover their own transformative power through her newsletter, courses, podcast, and book. A regular contributor to TV, magazines and podcasts including CNBC, MSNBC, Yahoo Finance and Money Magazine, she has spoken at Amazon HQ and TEDx and had great fun being featured in CNBC’s New York City taxi TV feed.
Danielle’s book, which we will be discussing today, follows her journey in learning how to invest, broken up over the course of 12 months. You can use it as a tool in your own discovery of personal finance and how investing works. It’s truly unlike any other finance book on the shelf.
Danielle’s writing is approachable, she uses easy-to-understand examples, and keeps it interesting by incorporating a personal storyline throughout. This book will make you feel like you understand a bit about investing, maybe for the very first time, and you’ll certainly feel empowered to try it for yourself.
Topics included in the episode:
- Why inflation is like a booger
- How Danielle got into investing, her learning process, and how to follow in her footsteps
- The easiest way to get started with investing if you don’t have a ton of money
- Is there luck to being successful in investing?
- How investing changed Danielle’s life
- …and more!
More Investing 101
- Check out Danielle’s book, Invested: How I Learned to Master My Mind, My Fears, and My Money to Achieve Financial Freedom and Live a More Authentic Life (with a Little Help from Warren Buffett, Charlie Munger, and My Dad)
- Listen to Invested: Rule #1 Podcast with Danielle & Phil Town
- Take Danielle’s Mostly Invested course (Opening January 2020)