Your time is valuable – donate it! In this episode, I’m talking with Basil, Senior Marketing Manager at Volunteer Match, about finding the right volunteering opportunity for you. You’ll learn how Volunteer Match can connect you with nonprofit organizations in your area, the benefits of volunteering (yes, giving back is about helping others, but it doesn’t mean you can’t also benefit!), and how to volunteer from the comfort of your couch.
Click to Listen:
Google Play: adultstruggles.com/googleplay
iHeart Radio: adultstruggles.com/iheart
Overcast FM: adultstruggles.com/overcast
Basil Sadiq is a senior marketing manager at VolunteerMatch where he helps companies, nonprofits and volunteers engage better with one another by posting powerful tips and sharing stories on VolunteerMatch.org, “Engaging Volunteers” and “Volunteering is CSR” blogs and on VolunteerMatch’s social media platforms.
- How do you get started volunteering?
- Finding volunteer opportunities that match your interests, skills, and passions
- The 100,000+ ways to get involved on VolunteerMatch.org (including 6,000+ virtual opportunities)
- How to be a virtual volunteer and give back without leaving home
- Tips on preparing for a volunteer interview
- Using volunteer work to improve a skillset or build your resume
- The health benefits of volunteering
- What is National Volunteer Month?
Check out the Volunteer Match blog!
Basil’s Recommended Read:
DISCLOSURE: SOME OF THE LINKS INCLUDED IN THIS ARTICLE MAY BE AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU, I WILL EARN A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU CLICK THROUGH AND MAKE A PURCHASE. IT’S ANY EASY WAY TO HELP SUPPORT THE ADULT STRUGGLES PODCAST!