Click here to Listen on:
Linda is a stand up comedian and the host of She Shed Comedy podcast. So you would never guess that she suffered from social anxiety as a young adult. How did she break out of her comfort zone and destroy the fear that was holding her back? Listen to today’s episode to hear her story, including the small steps that led to living out her dream of being on stage!
- Taking the necessary steps to move towards your heartfelt dreams
- Challenging yourself to grow and getting over the fear of putting yourself out there
- The danger of standing in your own way
- The importance of positive self-talk, preparation, and meditation to set your focus
- What you can learn about yourself and your boundaries by testing your limits
- Ditching your “programming” by taking baby steps towards a larger goal
- Putting curiosity ahead of fear
The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron – For people who have creative longings to write, perform, or do anything creative. This book includes a 12-week workbook with the various exercises that helped Linda change her self-image.
One Small Step can Change your Life: The Kaizen Way by Robert Maurer, Ph.D. – Taking small steps to get out of your comfort zone and change your life
Daring Greatly by Brene Brown, Ph.D., LMSW – Discover how putting yourself out there and being courageous enough to be vulnerable is the key to finding purpose and meaning in life.