Click here to Listen on:
Growing up with both parents in ministry, Stephen is well versed in the church experience. He has had the opportunity to work at 5 different churches over the years, with the eventual goal of being in full time church ministry. After a cross-country move from Washington to Tennessee, and back to Washington again, he co-founded Port City Church in Tacoma, WA, with his wife Taylor. Port City seeks to build a community of young adults who may have never experienced church before or who walked away from the church by focusing on creating real connections, celebrating differences, and changing the perspective of religion.
Disrupting the church industry by changing people’s perspectives on God, the Church, and Christians
- How the church experience has evolved based on our changing environment
- Spiritual entrepreneurship – the business side of founding a church
- How generational needs have influenced the church experience
- What it means to be less production-oriented and more relationship based
- Finding a church experience that is right for you before you even walk into the building
- Port City Church: portcitytacoma.com
- Facebook: Port City Tacoma
- Instagram: @portcitytacoma
- Illuminate by Nancy Duarte & Patti Sanchez: Communication tools used by great entrepreneurs and leaders such as Steve Jobs, Howard Schultz, and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Learn how to harness persuasive communication skills through speeches, stories, ceremonies, and symbols.
- Own the Moment by Carl Lentz: Lead Pastor of global megachurch Hillsong shares his personal story of what brought him to leading one of the country’s fastest-growing congregations. Lentz also speaks on the difficulties of maintaining our values in a society often driven by money and fame.