Dr. Shawn Prapta, O.D.
If you spend most days staring at a screen, whether it be your computer, TV, or phone, you’ll want to hear what Dr. Prapta has to share about screen time! Dr. Prapta earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the University of Texas at Arlington. In 2012, he was awarded a Doctor of Optometry degree from the University of Houston College Of Optometry and began his career at Texas State Optical in Mansfield, Texas. In today’s episode, Dr. Prapta shares his expert opinion on how technology plays a role in vision issues that he regularly treats in millennial patients.
- The importance of moisture on the eye
- How technology disrupts our natural blinking patterns
- The relationship between contact lenses and dry eye
- Controversy of overnight contact lenses
- Can our eyes adapt to technology use?
- Warning signs that your eyes need a break
- 20/20/20 Rule: Every 20 minutes, you should look at something 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds
- More information on Dr. Prapta’s office in Mansfield, TX: https://www.mansfieldtso.com