Mackenzie who runs a popular Youtube channel that revolves around make up artistry, fashion, and her love for Disney. Despite her typical happy persona, she also has ongoing struggles with anxiety and depression, which we explore in today’s episode.
- Battling the misconceptions about depression
- Dealing with anxiety and depression as an introvert vs. extrovert
- Life giving and Life draining activities
- Creating a “Let Go” list
- Triggers and patterns to recognize within yourself
- Finding the right therapist
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson – One blogger’s comedic approach to self-help in a world of social media facades of happiness and success. Mackenzie recommends this book, and says it has helped her see the bigger picture when she is struggling with certain issues in her life.
- Everybody, Always by Bob Goff – A Christian perspective of how to push yourself outside of your comfort zone by turning the focus from yourself to others and going out of your way to show people they are loved.
- Loves Does by Bob Goff – A New York Times Bestseller featuring inspirational stories of the author’s pursuit to love others.